Riggs Institute Blog
RSS to subscribe.
2016 Super Spelling Camps
See the spelling camps page for details.
509-946-5453 (Audrey) or 509-627-5447 (Linda)
Jun 20 - Jul 20, 2016
Call 605-693-4454 to register
9575 SW Locust St.
Aug 1-5, 2016
If you would like to request a seminar in your area, please visit our
seminar request page.
Spelling Dictionaries now available!
Audio Tape/Visual Aid "Overview" and full catalog available FREE upon
Online ordering coming soon!
An EQUAL and OPTIMAL educational opportunity through multi-sensory language arts.
Print this document
Estimated: 2 pages
2016 Super Spelling Camps
Change Your Life and Opportunities
Learn the Basics You May Have Missed
At the 60-hour summer camp, we will teach:
- Complete Phonetics for Spelling and Reading
- Spelling Rules
- Neat Handwriting
- Thinking and Analyzing Skills
- Listening Skills
- Sentence Writing
- Reading Comprehension Skills
Our multi-sensory instruction addresses all learning styles: Tactile/Kinesthetic,
Auditory, Verbal and Visual.
2016 Super Summer Spelling Camps (4-weeks, 60 hours)
||2nd Grade - High School
||Northwest United Protestant Church
1312 Sacramento Blvd
||Jun 20 - Jul 20, 2016
Monday thru Friday
8:15am - 12:00 noon
Holiday July 4th
Application deadline is June 10, 2016
||$400.00 for 60 hours
||$50.00 per family.
For more information or to register, please see the
Richland, WA Brochure
All Learning Styles are addressed using the Rigg's Institute's multi-sensory method
of instruction. In 60 hours of instruction, we teach: Complete Phonetics for Spelling
and Reading: Spelling Patterns and Rules; Neat Handwriting; Thinking and Analyzing
Skills; Listening Skills; Sentence Writing; and Reading Comprehension Skills.
Why study spelling?
Let us count the advantages of correct English spelling. . .
- Correct spelling is the only means of 'mapping' human speech to standard
book print for reading.
- Correct English spelling is the basis of accurate and fluent reading, with
- Correct spelling establishes both phonemic and graphemic awareness, concurrently,
when taught with Socratic instruction.
- Correct English spelling encourages early, creative composition that teaches
punctuation, grammar, reasoning, and the ability to concentrate on the point of
- Correct spelling taught with multi-sensory instruction addresses ALL learning
styles, thus avoids discrimination.
- Correct spelling taught with a mnemonic marking system and the application
of 47 of the rules of English teaches analytical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Correct spelling, with emphasis on prefixes, suffixes and roots, aids vocabulary
- Correct spelling eases a student's way into all of the "strands" of English
because it is the only accurate basis for those strands.
Will this camp cure my child's spelling problem?
In 4 weeks it will help enormously by teaching the commonly used English spelling
patterns (establishing phonemic AND graphemic awareness), cleaning up letter formation
and learning the encoding process of about 150 words. This is along with spelling
rules, the diacritical marking system and more. It will give your child the basis
for understanding the problem, and thus inspire a long term "cure" through additional
study. Some older children have achieved up to 4 grade level improvements in reading
comprehension, though this is not the norm. It depends upon the child's previous
problems and how much effort is put forth.
What Parents Are Saying about the Riggs Method
- "My child was frustrated with school and would call himself stupid. Now, thanks
to Riggs, he knows he can succeed." Debra, Beaverton, OR
- "We have observed a radical improvement in our son's handwriting, spelling, reading,
and academic self-confidence. The Riggs method is a no-nonsense systematic approach
to literacy." Mark, Portland, OR
- "My son was behind his peers; it was affecting his behavior. Now, thanks to Riggs,
he is more confident, does his homework, and has a better attitude." Cindy
- "The program includes the use of all learning styles. It has dramatic impact on
the learner." Danae Miller, Aloha, OR
- "Within two weeks, Austin's letter formation improved dramatically and his 'dyslexia'
had all but disappeared. Over the next six months his improvement was steady. It
wasn't until we started the Riggs program and taught him the phonograms and spelling
rules that he made any real progress." K. M., Portland, OR
- "The multi-sensory and logical approach really appealed to my child, who is strong
in math, but very weak in reading and spelling." Cathy, Portland, OR
- "If you've lost all hope and are sick of the labels, go to Riggs." Peggy Haskins,
- "Riggs has proven to be the most effective spelling and reading program we have
tried." Tammarie, Portland, OR
- For more information please call: